Monday, October 14, 2013

RANDOM STILL FROM FLASHBACK IN DRY MOON:
Here is a familiar pose I think...boys clowning around while the studious girl is inside doing her work...why is this so easy to predict?  What about a group of goof-off girls with the boy inside?  These boys are the ones much more likely to get the "green light"...they will make more money for the same work as the girl...

There are many times I experience the unfairness of being female in this male-dominated film world...I ask my students at least once every term to name women filmmakers, mostly the can't AT ALL...when asked about male filmmakers the list goes on and on.  This is NOT because women aren't making movies, but these movies are not popular I suppose, only rarely.

We have kids, we raise kids, we have first things first and one definition of a "good-enough" mother is one who can put the children first.  And I do not believe this means having enough money for someone else to raise the child, (except maybe it does)--

All I know is when I had my three children my ability to make movies came to a near-standstill--I wrote and shot DRY MOON, but it has stalled out every since because of first things first...

But when this movie is done it will embody all of that which came to pass in the making of this film, and that girl in the background, my young daughter, is still inside doing her homework THANK GOD~!

I am blessed beyond measure, and I have learned what I did not believe for many years:
LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ART.

No comments:

Post a Comment